Thursday, July 2, 2015

Marina Adventures


On Aiden's Birthday a handful of our friends went to Boston Pizza for dinner. Afterwards, we decided to go to the Marina. Me, being my mother's child, took about 120 pictures. Out of them all, this one is my favourite. You might ask "Is this posed? or was it just meant to be?" Well, it was a bit of both... Aiden was standing there and Parker was standing kind of beside and behind him. My mind thought "this would be a perfect picture if Parker was standing beside Aiden", so I asked Parker to move beside Aiden and I took the picture. These are the guys that know me best: my boyfriend and my best friend. Now I have a captured memory of the two of them in one beautiful picture. Of coarse, it wasn't enough to simply put the picture in a frame...

With help from my mom, I put together this 12x12 page of two of the most amazing guys I've ever met. I wanted paper that would go with the colours in the picture and of coarse my mom's collection of paper had the perfect paper line do to just that. I didn't want anything to distract from the picture, so I made the titles add to the picture and relate back to the picture, bringing the focus back to it. "Marina" tells you were the picture was taken and "Sleeping Giant" reminds you of what the boys are looking at. Over all, I love how it all came together and I must thank my mom for helping me do that. :)

2 comments:

  1. This layout is stunning! I love how you did the titles on this page and left the big white border around the edge to really make you focus on your fabulous photo.

    ReplyDelete