Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Christmas Cards

So... I'm in love with Simple Stories Handmade Holidays Paper (both 12x12 and 6x6). I'm in love with it because that paper and some Close To My Heart cardstock makes for some really nice, quick, and easy Christmas cards. 

There are 3 more that I made but sent away without taking pictures first.

It started with making a card for my boyfriend's (Aiden's) sister who lives in Japan (which was sent without being photographed). Then after making her card I had some ideas for two more cards with the same paper, which I decided would be for Aiden's dad (Ted), and Aiden (shown below).

The Outside of Ted's Card

Inside of Ted's Card

Outside of Aiden's Card

Inside of Aiden's Card

I had a card for Aiden and his dad made, but I still needed one for his grandpa (Ted Sr.). So, I went with what I knew and grabbed Simple Stories Handmade Holidays paper and came up with this 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 card.

Outside of Ted Sr.'s Card

Inside of Ted Sr.'s Card

As I was working on Ted Sr.'s card I had some ideas about some more cards with the same paper line and I figured since I was having dinner with Aiden's mom's side of family on Christmas Day that I could give them each a card as well. Below are the 4 other cards I made.

4 1/2 x 4 1/2 Outside

4 1/2 x 4 1/2 Inside

4 1/4 x 4 1/4 Outside

4 1/4 x 4 1/4 Inside

3 1/2 x 4 1/2 Outside

3 1/2 x 4 1/2 Inside

3 1/2 x 4 1/2 Outside 

3 1/2 x 4 1/2 Inside

I am very impressed with my work... All these cards and all I had to do was cut and glue paper (except on 2: 1 of theme I inked a background onto the craft paper, and 1 I stamped the saying on the inside). And the last 5 I did in about 3 hours 4 days before Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment